Giving Thanks 3 Good Things At A Time




I didn't always have a healthy gratitude practice. I would say it wasn't until about five years ago that I began to integrate this into my daily life. It is funny how something you never did can become so ingrained in you that you don't even remember what it was like before you started. The practice of identifying 3 Good Things is something that I do nearly every day.

What is ‘3 Good Things’? It is a positive psychology exercise specifically designed to highlight the positive in your life. It's simple and easy, and it's based on research. It has even been proven to boost your happiness levels. How great is that?

I practice this myself every morning and with my kids as I drive them to school daily; I teach our new graduate nurses how to apply this practice personally and professionally, and I even use it in our work here at Stat PD. With Thanksgiving approaching, I am honored to share this practice with you and the top ‘3 Good Things’ from last year.

1. Our many early adopters of Stat PD. - I get it. Trusting a new business enough to sign up and start using it takes courage, and as I look back on the last year and count our many new users, I can't help but be grateful. Today, we have 50 user accounts and 10 people who have listed their first resources. Getting this marketplace to take off starts with early adopters who believe in what we are trying to do, and I am forever grateful to you all.


2. Colleagues who helped us spread the word. - This year, we have had the opportunity to share more about what we are doing with nursing colleagues who are gracious enough to help us spread the word! Teresa Sanderson, Michelle Harris, and Erika Browning invited us as guests on their podcast. We even had the opportunity to be featured in The Nursing Beat. But it's not just them. To all of our followers on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Thank you for every like, comment, and share. As we know, in the world of algorithms, every interaction helps us to grow.


3. Opportunities available to make our entrepreneurial dreams come true. - As a SONSIEL member I had the opportunity to attend Drexel Online Certification Program for Nurse Innovators, Entrepreneurs, and Leaders, where I learned so much more about entrepreneurship and had the opportunity to build our network. We also had the opportunity to apply for a small business grant. Just today we found out we have been awarded a very generous grant. These funds will be used to build a new marketplace website that is more user friendly and will allow us to build a community. This opportunity was made possible by investors who believe in our mission and understand the potential impact of this solution. Without these critical opportunities, none of this would be possible.

The practice of gratitude has profoundly shaped my life, turning daily acknowledgment of '3 Good Things' into a daily routine. Today, I extend my heartfelt thanks to the early adopters of Stat PD, whose trust has been the cornerstone of our growth. I also sincerely appreciate the colleagues and followers who have amplified our mission through podcasts, social media, and more. Gratitude extends to the invaluable opportunities provided by programs like the Drexel Online Certification Program and the support of investors, making our entrepreneurial dreams a reality. Our journey with Stat PD continues to remind me of the power of gratitude in transforming our perspectives and the trajectory of our endeavors. As we approach Thanksgiving, I encourage everyone to embrace gratitude, for it can enrich our lives in ways we may not have imagined.




Comments

Popular Posts